The Axis Series homes will be located within Hobsonville Point, a new community situated halfway between Westgate (at the end of the Northwestern Motorway) and Albany town centre. Hobsonville Point is a twenty-minute drive, off peak, from Auckland's CBD and has excellent access to both motorways and public transport.
WHY choose an Axis home?
- These high quality homes are excellent value for money.
- The homes are built to meet sustainability criteria. They are energy and water efficient, which keeps your running costs down.
- You know exactly what you need to pay and by when, so there are no surprises.
- Hobsonville Point has been master planned so that it grows to provide everything the community needs to thrive.
- It already provides excellent community facilities, parks and access to the harbour, public transport options including bus and ferry connections to the CBD, and it’s close to shopping centres and motorways.
WHO is eligible to buy an Axis Home?
Axis Series homes are designed for people who earn an average Auckland wage, but, because of the housing market in the city, are unable to afford a quality new home in a good area. To see if you are eligible, visit www.axisseries.co.nz.
HOW to purchase an Axis Home:
Firstly, visit the Axis Series website (www.axisseries.co.nz) and ensure you meet all the purchasing criteria set out in the How to Buy section.
Download and fully complete the Axis Series Home Buyer Eligibility Application form. This includes the statutory declaration which will need to be signed in the presence of a lawyer or Justice of the Peace.
Return the form via email or post with the relevant supporting documents to Housing New Zealand (HNZ) who will assess the application and notify you of the outcome. If HNZ deem you as an eligible Axis Series buyer, they will send you a Letter of Eligibility that will enable you to enter the ballot (this letter is valid for 6 months). Please allow at least two weeks before the ballot for your application to be processed.
When a builder announces an upcoming ballot (these dates are posted on Hobsonville Point’s website www.hobsonvillepoint.co.nz under the News section) register your interest by visiting the building companies at Hobsonville Point and providing each with a copy of your Letter of Eligibility. They will guide you in completing the final section of the Letter which identifies which ballot you are entering and confirms you have met with that builder and sighted the plans for the house you are interested in purchasing.
Enter a ballot by returning your completed Letter of Eligibility to HNZ.
HNZ will send you an email or letter informing you of the outcome of the ballot. If you are successful the building company will also contact you directly.
In September 2017, we will have our next release of Axis Homes, and if you wish to be notified, please your contact details.